What information we gather and use
When you use the Honeymoon Wishes Site or the booking or other services available through the Honeymoon Wishes Site, we collect certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, username, mailing address and related information.
As is true of most websites and apps, we also gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, device ID, and clickstream data. We use this information, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base. We do not consider this automatically-collected data to be Personal Information except where we can link it to you as an individual or where applicable law requires us to.
How we use information
We share and use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To administer the Site: Your information helps us provide you with the services offered on our Site.
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Specifically, your information will be shared with the hotels/travel partner site that you’ve signed up through (if you sign up on one of our Partner/Affiliate sites) to process transactions made on the Honeymoon Wishes Site, and to third party providers of credit card transaction.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your registry.
- To implement social networking features: Specifically, you can log in to our Site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to automatically register an account with us. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page to share with others within your network. Our Site also includes social media features, such as the Facebook button, links to our various social media pages and Widgets, such as the Share Tool.
How we share information
- With trusted third parties (such as the hotel/travel partners – only if you register using our Partner/Affiliate Sites, credit card processors) who assist us in operating our business, processing credit card transactions or otherwise conducting our business, or providing services to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We will not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- With regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies and other third parties when permitted or required by applicable law/regulation, to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process, to enforce Honeymoon Wishes Site policies, or protect ours or other rights, property, or safety.
- In connection with a business transfer, if Honeymoon Wishes is involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership.
How we protect your information
We implement commercially reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your Personal Information on the Site. All supplied sensitive information (such as credit/debit card information) is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your credit card number(s) will not be stored on our servers. Any credit/debit card numbers are processed, stored and transferred in a PCI compliant manner. Since no method of electronic processing, storage or transmission is 100% secure, if you have reason to believe that your experience on the Site is no longer secure (such as your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed below.
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the websites or service providers' systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period. We use session and persistent cookies to help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart and understand and save your preferences for future visits. If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or you can choose to turn off certain cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn certain cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. At this time the Site is not configured to honor browsers' "Do Not Track" signals.
Updating and correcting information
We encourage you to promptly update your Personal Information if it changes. You can correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by making the change on your user account settings page, or exercise any rights under applicable law, including to access, delete, restrict, object or transfer your Personal Information by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you no longer desire our service, please contact us directly using the same contact information. We will comply with requests under this section as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. However, we will need to retain and use certain Personal Information for recordkeeping purposes, such as to complete and process any transaction you began prior to any request, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as our tax, fraud and compliance obligations, to resolve disputes, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law. In addition, please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we will still need to send you service-related communications and may need to keep Personal Information we have collected about you for record-keeping to honor your requests, research and other purposes.
Unsubscribing from Honeymoon Wishes Marketing
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter or other promotional email, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you can choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at email@example.com. Please note we do not utilize an automatic unsubscribe as some emails are needing to remain as part of the gift giving and notification procedures of our registry sites, each unsubscribe will be handled on a per basis after reviewing your account.
Links to other websites
HoneymoonWishes.com does not offer or participate in contests.
Like any website on the internet, this website is scanned intermittently by the search engines. HoneymoonWishes.com does not own the search engines nor are we affiliated with them in anyway. All information that is security coded such as banking, credit card, and contact information is not scanned, picked up, accessed, or displayed by any search engine. Information such as names that display on the front of any webpage on the internet may be picked up by the search engines. Please do not display your names on the internet if you do not want them seen by a search engine on the internet. You may use your first initial and last name, or a salutation and your name, or a nickname. You are not required to put your full names on this website at any time to use it.
HoneymoonWishes.com is committed to protecting the privacy of children and to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). HoneymoonWishes.com does not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. Parents are requested to supervise their children's online activities and consider using available parental control tools to help provide a safe online environment. For additional information about COPPA, visit the U.S. Federal Trade Commission Web site at http://www.ftc.gov.Terms and Conditions.
Our Honeymoon Wishes